Auntie Fatcat's

Sit down, have a cookie, and chat for a spell.

Monday, March 14, 2005

I Miss Me

For the last three days, I've had either a nasty head cold or the most hideous allergy attack I've ever had in my life. I won't bore you with a long and sordid list of symptoms; I'm miserable and cranky and that's probably already more than you wanted to know.

The most annoying part, however, is that I have also gone stupid. It's as if my brains have been largely replaced with snot. I wander around the house trying to do stuff, but I can't maintain enough attention span to remember what. I wonder why I'm standing at the top of the stairs with an empty toilet paper tube in my hand, and then wonder where I put the zinc lozenges I had a minute ago. (Turned out they were in the little dish I put my rings in when I'm in the shower. Don't ask me why.) I, who have made my living helping people articulate things, can no longer communicate simple concepts like "Kitty barfed under the bed again" because barfed and bed have suddenly left my vocabulary. (Which, BTW, I just typoed as vocabluarly and then "corrected" to vocabuarly. Spell check is good for something after all.)

I know I will get over this sooner or later and be back to my clever self. But in the meantime, I sure miss me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home